Along with The Blood Connection, we are proud to present the Second Annual Stuff the Bus Toy Drive, from Tuesday, November 28th until Friday, December 1st at the Haywood Mall, to collect toys for Julie Valentine Center!
Please bring a new, unwrapped gift (there’s a list of suggestions below)! We can also accept gift cards and monetary donations!
When: Tuesday November 28th – Friday December 1st
from 6am until 7pm (on Friday, all blood donors will also receive a $10 Sears gift card from 11am-7pm)
Where: Haywood Mall
(and all Blood Connection Locations listed below)
What: A HUGE Toy Drive
benefiting Julie Valentine Center’s Holiday Assistance Program. (The Julie Valentine Center is a nonprofit organization that provides free, confidential services to sexual assault and child abuse survivors and their families. As a community organization, they depend on the community to provide these services to our neighbors.)
2017 Holiday Assistance Program Most Requested Gift Ideas
- Gift cards for clothes, movie tickets, iTunes cards, books, restaurants, Amazon, GameStop and the Mall
- Legos, Books, board games and card games for all ages
- Baby & toddler clothes, toys and accessories (NOT diapers)
- Clothes of all sizes including blue jeans
- Bicycles and helmets
- All kinds of items for teens! Suggestions: Stress balls, crafting items, jewelry making kits, scrapbooks & accessories, backpacks, flavored lip balm, hand held games, board games, puzzles, journals, writing pads, stationary, notebooks, colored or decorative pens, blankets, fuzzy socks, bedroom slippers, costume jewelry, lip gloss, make up, make up bags, scented body spray, lotion & soap, bath gels, hand sanitizers, scarves, gloves & hats, scarves, purses, tote bags/gym bags, hair accessories and products, books, DVDs, wallets, socks, adult coloring books & colored pencils, tablets/iPad, all types of batteries, Clemson & Carolina & Panthers items, fleece blankets, headphones, Bluetooth speakers, games for Xbox 360 or Xbox one or DS3
Additional Collection Locations:
***For every blood donor the week of 11/28-12/1, The Blood Connection will make a donation to the Julie Valentine Center!***
The Blood Connection Centers are accepting donations for the toy drive as well:
- Greenville@ 435 Woodruff Road
- Spartanburg @ 270 North Grove Medical Park Drive
- Easley @ 1954 East Main Street
- Seneca @ 1308 Sandifer Boulevard
- Greenwood @ 341 Old Abbeville Highway
- Hendersonville @825 Spartanburg Highway
Haywood Mall is lighting their BIG TREE on Friday, so come join in the fun!
The 2nd Annual Haywood Mall Holiday Tree Lighting features live entertainment, local food, a kid’s zone and more! Experience the magic, when Santa arrives at 8:30 PM to light our 30 ft tree with help from YOU!
This event is FREE and open to the public.
4 PM – Hampton Park Elementary School
5:30 PM – Greenbriar Elementary School
6 PM – Trevor Hewitt
7 PM – Steel Toe Stiletto
8:30 PM – Tree Lighting Celebration featuring Santa!
Children of all ages are invited to enjoy the free Salvation Army Kid’s Zone from 4-9 PM:
– Mrs. Clause
– Letter’s to Santa Station
– Salvation Army Donation Station
– Much More!
Salvation Army Donation Station: Each Christmas The Salvation Army distributes toys to over 1,500 children in need in Greenville County. You can bring joy to a local child by adopting an Angel from the tree at the Haywood Mall or donating a new, unwrapped toy on December 1st at the Haywood Mall’s Tree Lighting from 4-9pm between the Macy’s and Sears’ entrances. Those who donate a new toy at the Tree Lighting will receive $5 off a photo package with Santa.
STUFF the BUS TOY DRIVE is SPONSORED BY: